3 two-hour classes, Sundays: Jan 12, 19, 26 OR Feb 2, 9, 16, 2014.
10am to 12pm at the Summit Nordic Center.
You must select a date series (1-2) in order to enable the 'add to cart' button
NEGOTIATING THE HILLS
3 weeks of 2 hour lessons
at Summit East,
10:00am - 12 noon
The world is not flat and neither are most of the trails in the area. If you have been avoiding trails that have their ups and downs, then this class is for you. Learn to safely and in control, negotiate hilly terrain with confidence. For intermediate level classic style skiers. Class will include orientation of riding the chair lifts and will conclude with a tour of the upper trails.
Intermediate Classic AGE 16+ Base Area East 10am to 12pm
Includes trail pass and lift rides. Rental gear may be added for an additional fee.
Registration Details & Refund Policies:
- Prices are for lessons only. All Summit SnowSport School Consecutive Week Lessons (CWL) are multiple week lesson packages only. Lift tickets, season passes and equipment rental will incur additional charges. When you register for a CWL make sure you sign up for the correct program. Program details vary. Double check the location of the program (Alpental, Summit West, Summit Central or Summit East); choose the specific name of the program; cross reference the age of students accepted; know if it is for ski, snowboard or Nordic disciplines; review ability levels offered; know the start and finish times of lessons; and confirm the duration of each CWL which can range from all day, morning or afternoon sessions to shorter lessons.
- CWL Program means you have purchase a multi week lesson, as a WHOLE, where the Summit SnowSport School will be organized and ready for operations on the specific dates, times and locations listed.
- Financial compensation is NOT offered for missed days and/or times. In the event the ski area is closed due to road closures or acts of nature causing part or entire lift and slope closures, the Summit SnowSport School may consider offering a make-up day. In the event a make-up day is scheduled, it will most likely be after the last original scheduled session day. Make-up day details can be accessed by calling the HOTLINE number listed in your confirmation letter.
- Transfers are NOT offered once a CWL program starts. (i.e. Requests to switch programs, times, locations, or transfer of program purchase to another friend or family member.) If a transfer is requested before the CWL program start date there will be a $50 administrative fee.
- Credits and/or refunds are NOT offered for students missing all or part of CWL lesson dates and/or times. Conditions apply for incidents such as major physical impairment. Any valuation will be in the form of a gift card.
- Instructor guarantee. The Summit SnowSport School will attempt to schedule the same instructor for each CWL date HOWEVER instructor schedules change; consequently the Summit SnowSport School does not guarantee the same instructor for all CWL lessons.
- Group size guarantee. The Summit SnowSport School does not guarantee group size (student/instructor ratios) for CWL's.
- Hard start and finish times. Due to variables within and out of our control, lesson start and end times may fluctuate. The Summit SnowSport School will attempt BUT cannot guarantee that all start and finish times are exact. Late student arrivals and early student collection can be arranged if circumstances coincide with the warm-up lap at the beginning of the lesson or when the group takes a break and only if this is not an inconvenience to the other students in the class.
- Parents are responsible for attending to their children before and after lessons as well as connecting and/or collecting their children directly with the instructor.